Agriculture plays a vital role for both the European and the Greek economy. It is traditionally one of the major export sectors. The sector faces major challenges such as sustainability and the shift towards organic farming, the diverse consumer preferences regarding diet, ethics, physical fitness and pleasure, the need for food safety and self-sufficiency. The current state of affairs is shifting more farmers towards production of high quality, sophisticated crops and the utilization of modern means of production.
In the years to come, the related companies will need to focus on innovation, invest in research and development, reorganize their production and operations, and get most of the potential funding tools at a Greek and European level.
- Agrogi A.E.
- Corfu Development Consultans
- Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development
- EC Phare
- EC Transition Facility
- EU Delegation to the Republic of Serbia
- European Agricultural and Guarantee Fund (EAGGF)
- Hellenic Fabrics
- Ministry of Agriculture, Poland
- Ministry of Agriculture, Slovak Republic
- Ministry of Rural Development and Food, Greece
- National Bank of Greece
- Piraeus Bank
- UK Government