The project’s objective was to provide technical assistance and capacity building to the Energy Efficiency Unit of the Ministry of Economic Development, the Energy Regulatory Agency of Montenegro, and the Transmission System Operator, in order to facilitate the implementation of the country’s obligations under the Energy Community Treaty.
The project tasks included:
- the development of frameworks for the promotion of energy efficiency and renewable energy
- support for the establishment of the regional electricity market
- support for the formulation of energy tariff methodologies and their regulatory application
- support for the establishment of capacity auctions in interconnections
- support for the development of technical codes, market rules and
- assistance for development of other aspects of secondary legislation in the regional electricity market
The project included a number of studies, trainings, workshops, development of action plans and procedures, reform and development of legal documents etc.